Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lap Sharing

I have noticed that my lap is very popular among small children. I can fit two children comfortably and 3 very uncomfortably if they are under four years old. Recently I have noticed that it is popular for the cats that live here to sit on. Romeo thinks I am here merely as a pre-warmed sleeping place and will often fall over in front of where I am walking to get my attention and indicate it is time for me to go into cat couch mode.

Tonight, the tem year old was sitting on my lap to do her reading and I was reading too for company and Romeo came and glared for a minute then jumped up. I told him I already had one beautiful person on my lap and there wasn't room for two, he apparently disagreed. He tried to curl up on my chest, which was all that was available to him, but there wasn't really room and you could see it wasn't working for him. After a few minutes of trying and glaring at me and the child, he got down and stalked away in disgust at not being treated like the royalty he obviously is.

No comments:

Post a Comment