Friday, August 5, 2011

Horse Training part 2

Yesterday I took Arakei to the round yard where I had set up the scary bailing twine curtain. I took off his halter and he followed me round the yard and through the curtain in a completely bored "been there, done that, what next" fashion. I did it again, both ways a few more times. Where the day before he was taking off in all directions unless he had a halter on, yesterday he took it all in his stride.

The next step is to get him through one of those brightly coloured, hard to see through, terrifying door curtains. That was going to be today but although I set it up to my satisfaction, I didn't have time and it was too windy to do it properly. Like with battling children, don't start something with a horse unless you have the time and energy to finish (and win).


No comments:

Post a Comment