Monday, August 1, 2011

Bible Study

I grew up in a bible family where mum taught me a lot about reading the bible and working out what it says. Later on, going to bible study at my local church in Maitland helped me to develop from basic comprehension to open discussion and a group of people working out together what a passage is saying. Now I am living in a comparative bible desert and I go to KYB every Tuesday and everyone has their answers written down before they get there and we just read them out. Some people just rewrite the bible text as their answer, others paraphrase and some try to work out what it means.

I went home last week and took the opportunity to go to bible study and was mildly surprised about how much I had forgotten about how it works, how to listen, how to build on other peoples answers, how to pray realistically and unselfishly. I am used to being one of the more knowledgeable people in the group and it was humbling to remember just how much I don't see and need to be pointed out.

I need to go to KYB now...

No comments:

Post a Comment