Thursday, August 18, 2011

Arakei Training

I had to move Arakei and Willow from the paddock they were in so I could let out the others from the stable. I have not done anything with Arakei for a few weeks because I have been busy or lazy or the weather was revolting. I went and got a halter and lead rope and apparently they were both feeling energetic because they chose to canter round the paddock for 10 or 15 minutes before coming to me.

When they came, I led them both around the bending poles and things then took Willow out of the paddock so I could have focused time with Arakei. I lead him round the paddock, walking and trotting, then led him over a 40 cm jump then a 55 cm jump without a lead rope.

When I took him to his paddock, his manners were much better and he stood at the gate after I let him off instead of running away.

Horses, like children, forget their manners quickly if you don't keep on top of it all the time, however they do remember quickly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment