Sunday, August 7, 2011

Horrible Horses

Choice is the biggest horse on the property and last night I was looking out the window when I saw her kick something I couldn't quite see. She did 2 big double back kicks and I jumped up and went outside hoping it wasn't a human she had kicked. It turned out it was the new pony she had given the flogging too and he is ok. Today however, she kicked the biscuit of hay out of my bosses hand while she was feeding her. She got into some pretty severe trouble and lost the hay and is now not allowed to socialize with other horses for a while.

I have nearly been kicked by her twice now and I my impression, when I tell people, is that they are wondering what stupid thing I was doing near her. She is not yet ready to try for actual collision (she could have gotten me both times very easily) but it is more a test to see if she gets away with it.

I think she needs some chasing round a paddock but I can't do it because she is a working horse for one of the kids and I don't want to make the situation worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment