Friday, August 12, 2011

Sleep Patterns

I have noticed that since I moved up here my whole sleep time seems to have moved earlier. I struggle to stay awake past 830, and I struggle to sleep past 6 (especially in summer). I reckon that this is because if you wake up early and do stuff, you go to sleep earlier because you are tired, so you wake up early naturally and so on.

I man who wrote about his experiences in hospital (can't remember who) said that, for getting up early, one need only go to sleep on an empty stomach. Your hunger will wake you up, you will have time to have a leisurely breakfast, do the little jobs, maybe some gardening etc. then arrive at work bright and early with the cheerful advocating and early morning and a good breakfast to your hungry, sleep deprived colleagues. Then, having had such a long day, you get home, stumble through the night time jobs, too tired to cook dinner you go to bed hungry and the cycle repeats itself.

This unfortunately makes it hard to watch movies and things if you fall asleep at 9 o clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment