Monday, August 15, 2011

More Cows

For a while now we have had a respite from pesky cows. Yesterday though, I had to remove stable muck that had piled up and for that it is easier to have gates open. I shut Major in a temporary paddock and opened the necessary gates. The temporary paddock was in the big paddock and made of unelectrified electric fencing tape. Horses don't go through it but cows appear to have no difficulties with them. I came out with a load and saw that Major was now sharing his 12 or so square meters with about 10 cows who had knocked the fence down to make more room.
As I approached, the cows bolted and Major, sensing his opportunity, went with them. This was really annoying because Choice was already out in the big paddock and if more then one is out there they buddy up and vanish instead of hanging around the house.

I went out and caught Choice and tied her up in the shed paddock and gave her some hay to entertain herself with. I got the wheel barrow and then went to dump it on the pile and had to chase more cows from the area with a long piece of hose.

The rest from cows was nice but it is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment