Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mood

Lately I have been noticing that I have been less cheerful then usual. I was wondering why and therefore I went for a walk without my ipod and talked it over with God (out loud, in the country that does not attract strange looks except from cows). I didn't work out why but I realized I have not been praying much and I have not been playing with the kids much.

Playing with kids, like exercise, is hard to say yes to, but once you actually start, and really get into it, it is incredibly fun and you feel good afterwards. Since it is a 7 yr old boy who wants me to play, I am usually playing running games. Yesterday, he wanted to dance to the music at a truck festival and was too shy to go out by himself. I went pout with him and we played and skipped and spun in circles and fell over among a bunch of preschoolers (who all joined in). We had a blast and I was hot and tired at the end but felt good. Today we played 2 a side soccer with his sister and father and we got hot and tired and had a blast.

I am now heaps more likely to laugh and I feel like I am allowed to be tired. If a child asks to kick a ball, or colour in, or dance, or play tip, or play balloon volleyball, or whatever, say yes. Even though you are tired, wanting to read or needing to do the washing up. It will help you feel better to be a silly, clumsy, idiot for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment