Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Narnia

I am reading the Narnia books to one of the kids I am looking after. We started with The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe because he had it already. Before we started it he said it would be a boring book so I told him some of the things that were really cool in it and we began. He got really into it, it helped I think that I am so familiar with the books I can read it fairly smoothly and with some voices. We finished it and we decided to read the Magicians Nephew next to see how Narnia began. Even though it starts off sort of slowly and seems unrelated he really looks forward to each installment. Last year I read it to one of the kids I was looking after (11 yrs) and she really liked it because it was a prequel and she likes them because they link in with other books she has read.

I decided to draw a map of everything that happens in Narnia and I drew a rough sketch of the whole 7 books on an A3 sheet of paper. Later I got an A4 sheet and the child and I mapped out what happened in the book we had read, then we will stick more pieces on as we read more and extend the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment