Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bible Study 2

I have been to church twice here and tonight was my second bible study night. I would recommend bible study to EVERYONE. I love the time to open the bible and learn from God and each other. I love the time to get to know other Christians and to hear about their struggles and joys. I love the time to be out and not at home but to be around like minded people and being reminded I am not alone. I especially love the caring little community that bible studies are, they are the main strategy for people to be cared for in churches and it is brilliant since the role of carer falls to everyone in the group to care for everyone in the group.

Last year I was in a group of older ladies, they really liked me and they enjoyed the fact that "young people" are still Christians. They had been feeling like it was only the old people and I said they were looking in the wrong place. They looked after me like grandmothers do and I looked after them by visiting and eating their food and talking to the about life, the bible and gardens.

Here I am still the youngest but it is by 2 years not 40 yrs, I am loving the socialness, the diversity that the men bring to the group and the genuine love and care of the bible study leaders. I am really grateful to God that there is a bible based church where I can be fed and loved and grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment