Friday, February 3, 2012

Church Camps

In the pleasant land of the east, the different church groups and the schools share house party/weekend away/camp sites, these include Camp Elim and I can't remember what else. As I was driving to guitar lessons today in Busselton though, I passed a lot of camp signs, including "Baptist camp site" and "Seventh day adventist camp site" and about 6 others. I thought it odd that we can't, for example, share. I mean it is not like we all have a camp every weekend, we could probably manage to organize it so our weekend aways are not at the same time. It works in NSW and I think it says a lot about denominational pride that there are separate camping sites. Almost like separate graveyards when it doesn't even matter because we will be dead when we are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment