Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happiness

Today when I went to church it was at the end of a rough week and the promise of another rough week. I walked in and stood there wondering where to sit and should I go and bother the nice people who I already know or should I sit somewhere I can potentially meet new people. As I was deliberating I noticed someone waving to me and after staring for a few seconds realized it was the last person I expected to see there.

The church minister from when I was a child in Sydney was in the area and he and his wife decided to go to the church and see if they could find me. I was so excited to see them that I couldn't sit still. We had lunch and a walk and a swim but the really nice thing about today was unexpectedly seeing some friendly faces of people who knew me and had history. There isn't much because I can't remember much but still. It had a similar effect on me as if my grandparent came to visit unexpectedly. It really made my day, especially since I was a bit fragile. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment