Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Holding your ground

My dad hears a lot about my life caring for children and especially the battles that I have with children. When we were doing the initial food shop for Summer School this year, dad felt the need to practice this skill on me. I suggested that buying half a cooked chicken, some salad and bread rolls would make a really nice, easy dinner and would put off the one-pot-wonders situation for another day. Dad said "no, he didn't feel like anything so greasy as chicken" I really did so I argued and, because I was tired, complained a bit. He continued to say no, we wouldn't get chicken, we could get cold ham.
Towards the end of the shop HE went to the chocolate isle to choose some chocolate and things "for mum" and as we were heading to the checkout he said "Did you notice that I held my ground about the chicken? When I said no and you argued, I didn't give in" I gaped at him and then said "But you went and got CHOCOLATE. I was asking for a logical meal food"

No comments:

Post a Comment