Friday, March 16, 2012

Cat and mouse

The cat, caught a mouse the other day. The 7yr old suddenly yells that Annie has a frog and the 3yr old opened the door so she could go out and rescue it. Annie, being proud of her catch and wanting to show off, brought the mouse inside. Horrible memories of being the cause of a mouse loose in a house last year flooded into my head so when I saw it was a mouse I leaped, nay sprang into action. The first hope is to get the cat out without her dropping the mouse. The cat, upon being hassled by 3 children and a grown up, dropped the mouse in indignation. It was, happily, very sick and slow but not dead. The 3yr old, being closest, picked it up. I relieved her of the burden immediately to prevent it from biting her. She asked if she could pat it and I figured it wouldn't hurt since she already had mouse on her hands.
It was pretty sick which made it very docile so it sat comfortably in my hand while we took it across and let it go in the swamp. Afterwards, when I told my boss she said I should have given it back to the cat. I said I wasn't going to do that in front of the kids. In their eyes frogs and mice are both to be rescued from the mean cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment