Thursday, March 29, 2012

Learning

The boys are learning violin, it is my happy (?) job to do violin practice with them in the afternoon. Because of this I also go to lessons with them so I know what they are doing. Now we are getting to the bit with actual music and using bows it is far more interesting for both me and the players.

I am also learning violin, by listening in on the lessons and playing the boys violins while nobody is here. They are tiny and my fingers are not so it is hard to play accurately, however because I can sing I can tell if the notes are right or wrong. I can also pick out a tune on a violin like I can on a piano. Today I worked out how to play some of "Do you hear what I hear" and also the chorus of
"Don't cry for me Argentina". Learning the violin a little bit with the boys is fun and is good for me. Also if I never try it I can't be much help.

Maybe when I am grown up I will learn to play one properly, and actual adult one instead of one sized for a 7 yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment