Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunrise


So on Sunday morning I got up early (about 6am) and went for a walk to the beach to watch a sunrise. As I was walking through the mostly dark, I felt a few drops of rain, this didn't last very long though, it quickly hardened to a downpour. I kept going anyway because I could. I got to the beach quite damp and in plenty of time so decided to keep warm by walking along the beach. In my part of WA, the beach faces North so I was walking East along the beach towards the potential sunrise. As I walked, I stopped occasionally to take photo's of a rather underwhelming sunrise, another unexpected bonus was the sideways rain from behind slowly soaking my back.
Here are some photo's of the East and the Sunrise, such as it was. You can see the Jetty in the distance. It is just shy of 2km.





Then I turned around to the West and observed a comparatively spectacular reverse sunrise because of the grey mush that obscured the eastern end of the beach.


It was quite a pleasant walk in spite of the weather and disappointing views, I collected shells and walked in the water without worrying too much about getting wet (not usually a concern of mine anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment