Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Coming Back

Having not seen the children I care for for two and a half weeks, there has needed to be a brief getting to know you period. This is when we are polite and kind but distant and cautious. Is Julia the same person we remember? Will she be happy to see us? Will we get into lots of trouble?

There would also have been a degree of uncertainty about whether I was coming back. I knew I was coming back, their mother knew I was coming back (I left half my stuff here) but the children have had so many people come, stay for 3 months, then leave and a new random person arrives.

I wrote a little not to the eldest boy before I left telling him I loved him and I would come back on this particular day. Today he showed me the note, still stuck to his bed head.

No comments:

Post a Comment