Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hair cuts

Occasionally I feel that my hair is getting long, so like everybody else I take steps to make it shorter. This, for other people, would include a visit to their parents house/hairdresser/sisters/daughters house. For me it means a trip to an area with a bin, a mirror and some scissors.

My 3 year old charge was in my room at the time so I said "Your hair and scissors are NOT friends" Then I proceeded to trim my hair. I have no problems doing this myself sing it is ALWAYS tied up in some way. I have also worked out a strategy to make it approximately the same length. Grab a bit of brushed and ideally wet hair, run your fist down it until a tiny bit of hair is sticking out the bottom then cut just above your hand. Then add a bit more to the original bit and run your fist down until the short bit comes loose. Repeat for other side then work round to the back. After that it will have a few days to find the slightly longer bits and deal with them.

This system of hair cutting is one I like since it is free, convenient and I can only blame myself if it goes pear shaped. Also ultimately it will grow back. Also since I always wear it is a pony tail or similar it doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment