Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting Tired

So this morning I woke the 7 yr old up at 6am and, after some initial rejection of the idea of leaving bed and sleep to go outside for a walk, he gave in and got up. We went for about a 1/2 hour dawdle around the street to a park and back. He was not energetic at all. On the other hand, he ate breakfast and got ready for school and did piano practice and had playing time with a minimum of argument.

Then he went to school, I went swimming. When I picked him up from school, I asked his teacher how he had been and she said he was fine, he was still clearly energetic, more so then he usually is. This afternoon, after music practice, we all hopped on bikes and rode or walked to the beach. When we got there we walked along, splashed across the river outlet and climbed the rocks. Then we walked back to the bikes and rode home.

Tonight he was as energetic as ever at bed time and I am COMPLETELY stuffed. I nearly fell asleep reading to the 3 yr old. My feet are sore and I am very tired. The "getting tired" plan worked on one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment