Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Amazing Friends

God answers prayers. Before I left home, an older lady prayed for me and she prayed firstly that there would be a bible teaching church here where I could grow and mature in Christ, and secondly that I would find a friend here who would have clear and obvious joy about being with me. A lovely friend whose face would light up when she saw me, and who clearly enjoys my company. 

God answered both of these prayers with a yes and I am still very grateful. 

The lovely people at this church invite me over to their house for hours at a time to play playdough and chat. They invite me to stay with them so I can have a break from work in the holidays. They include me in their every day activities and remember me when they plan things. After staying with one friend for 4 nights during the holidays, I stripped my bed (like you do) and got in mild trouble for it since there was a possibility I might want to come back and stay one last night before starting work. I was uncertain about the likelihood of this happening but wouldn't you know, she was right. I ended up staying for another 3 nights this week.

God has been good to me, he has surrounded me with people who I can learn from, and practice Godliness on. My parents, my youth group leaders, my bible study leaders, my friends. In every place I have lived, there have been Godly mature women to learn from and to grow beside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment