Monday, April 30, 2012

Operation Tiredness

So this morning I woke up before the alarm went off at ten to six. It is dark. I got dressed then went and woke up the child. He took longer to come out of sleep but once he was awake, he lay there waking up for a bit and then complaining about how much sleep he still needed then he got up and got dressed.

Because we left earlier, a bit after 6, we were able to walk all the way to the beach, and long the bike path, and back. I reckon we did about 4 kilometers in about an hour. We stopped for a biscuit break when we got hungry and when we got back, at five past seven, the child who usually can't stomach breakfast had a bowl full of mini weet-bix.

He was asleep by 9 pm last night which means he got at least 9 hours sleep.

After just one day of early wake up and lots of exercise, benefits seen are 1. Ability to eat breakfast, 2. more energy later in the day, 3. no need to hound him through the morning jobs, 4. able to go to sleep at night.

We are trialing this for 2 weeks and see if the constant physical activity wears him out too much. We will keep the morning walk going but the afternoon thing might get dropped if it proves too much for him and the rounger two.

I am really tired, I could only get up this morning by telling myself I could go back to bed after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment