Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pride

The other day, and older lady said to me "come here and I will show you how to clean a toilet" She then proceeded to show me a very sensible way to easily remove dried on muck from the bowl by resting a bit of toilet paper over it and half in the water. The water soaks up and the next flush removes it. I said thankyou very politely.

Yesterday I was cleaning the loo and noticed that there was an opportunity to try this method out, however because of the perceived sanctimonious delivery of the message and the indication that I was unable to clean toilets properly, I chose not to use it. I was using the brush to scrub, like you do, and I considered that this was a weird kind of pride that had me scrubbing a loo in defiance.

Interestingly I kept going and did not feel remotely silly (though I do slightly now)

No comments:

Post a Comment