Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clothes

Those of you who have known me for a while know that I prefer jeans and a polo shirt as general wear. This is because they are comfortable, and practical, and it usually doesn't matter then if a horse wipes black make up all over it. Black horse make up does not, apparently, wash out. Ever.

This style is fine for house and farm etc. but on the occasions when I am going somewhere like... the shops, or a restaurant, or in fact anywhere not associated with horse muck or water, it is considered normal to wear clothes that do not have unnecessary speed holes in them.

I do not like "posh" clothes much, they are not terribly comfortable and, people used to comment every single time I wore a skirt. Heather, my sister, said I just needed to practice wearing nice clothes at home. This goes against everything I was brought up to understand, good clothes are for special occasions. Unfortunately the 2 or 3 times a year, that said special occasions occurred I was so uncomfortable that I couldn't sit still. Also I attracted undue attention from the people who know what I usually wear.

Since Heather gave me the advice to practice, I have started wearing shirts that require ironing, jeans that are not stained with dirt from the puppy jumping on me, shoes that retain some of their original colour and hair done up other then a pony tail. The advantage of moving to another state is that nobody comments when I wear nicer clothes then I would normally wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment