Sunday, October 30, 2011

Canteen

At the Rodeo in Warwick, I was volunteering at the canteen for two of the busiest days. They gave me a volunteers wrist band so I could get in, a blue ticket so I could park and sore feet so I couldn't sleep that night.

I was my usual cheerful, probably annoying self, and there was a lot of laughing at my expense, like when I went out to give people their meal and called 89 about ten times before looking at it properly and then calling 98. There was a lot of laughing and chatting, they were mainly women in the canteen, and I wondered if they would normally be that happy at the end of a long week, or was it just that I was happy. I remember mentioning to my brother once that a friend of ours was always smiling and laughing and Matthew said "not really, only when your there." Maybe one of my gifts is to help people laugh at themselves and me. This is a good gift to use, all I need to do now is learn when to use it and when to let people be sad.

That was an odd post and did not turn out at all like I expected. The other thing I learned is why I don't work in hospitality, it is fun for a one off but every day would be stressful

No comments:

Post a Comment