Monday, June 6, 2011

Work that is fun

Some jobs are fun in a satisfying way, I like these and I call them Novelty Jobs. Now for some people tidying up and sweeping are novelty jobs, for others these are everyday depressing jobs, they are different for every person. I define an Novelty Job as one not done very often, usually time consuming, and extremely satisfying at the difference made. Cleaning windows is one of these jobs.

Today, I spent 2 hours with a pressure hose cleaning the green slimy mossy stuff off the house. When I say house, I mean carport because that is all I managed to get done. This job has all the elements of a fun Novelty Job that I like including water, tiring and immediately clear what has been achieved. Apparently the green shade cloth was actually creamy white and it was a lot like colouring in to get it like that. Then, while doing the guttering, I was standing in the artificial drizzle caused by the rebound and got quite damp, then there was a squirt coming out of a random point in the hose and was slowly soaking my jeans while I was not watching.

Extremely satisfying, wet and tiring and I had to have a shower to get the green stuff out of my hair and clothes.

I wanted to take before and after shots Jess but I couldn't find my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment