Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Contrary cats

I am a dog person. I like cats well enough, but I am a dog person. Romeo, the indoor cat, is a contrary beast who sits on my lap over anybody elses. I respond by moving my hands away from him and telling him to go away and sit on somebody else's lap. He takes this as an invitation to lie down and generally make himself comfortable then purrs a funny squeaky purr and, if he is really happy, he dribbles on me.

My theory that cats go to the one who doesn't want them was confirmed the other night when he came stalking into the room where about 5 of us were watching tv. I called him and coaxed him to get onto my lap and he looked away from me in disdain and began to look for someone else to sit on. I said "YES!! fooled you cat." and he turned back and jumped onto my lap and proceeded to go through the lie-down squeak dribble routine.

Cats are Contrary

No comments:

Post a Comment