Friday, June 3, 2011

Cats again

Romeo is a big, gorgeous inside cat. His view of people, as I discovered today though I have suspected for a while, is that they are here purely for his convenience and entertainment. Yesterday I was lying on a lounge chair reading James Herriot and was completely absorbed so that when Romeo jumped up onto my stomach I nearly fell off the chair in shock.

After completing his usual poking and prodding of my stomach he finally fell asleep with his head up against my chin. I continued reading until I was tired and I put down my book and began to doze off only to be woken up minutes later by Romeo whacking my face twice with his paw in a bungled attempt at catching a fly. We settled back down and he went back to sleep and we were comfortable until, once again the fly interrupted his slumbers and he hit me on the face again.

Today, in the afternoon, he came out from wherever he had been sleeping and walked around my ankles and lay down just where I wanted to walk in a clear indication he wanted something. Since he already had food, I concluded that he wanted his human cushion to lay down obediently on a chair so he could once more sleep in comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment