Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Social/Loner

I am alone here for the next 5 days and I am a little worried about how I will fill my time and not become too lonely or depressed. I am a person who thrives on social interaction, this means that beach/inland missions and camps and things are wonderful to me. However, there is something special, and occasionally novel, about spending time entirely alone.

Good bits about being alone:
1) you can do things at your own pace and your own way. 2) you can cook food you like and if it is no good, nobody else needs to know. 3) you can read in peace or watch the movies you like without others interrupting. 4) I have noticed I am more productive when left alone.

Unfortunately, this only lasts till the novelty wears off, then I become lethargic, lonely and uninspired and generally useless.

I am a social person, but I like the novelty of alone time.

1 comment:

  1. It's a pity. Though I expect it's good for your personal growth, to spend time doing the opposite of what you normally like.

    ReplyDelete