Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Horse and rain

Where I live there are horses. These horses need to stay warmish and dry and things or they will grow winter hair and be shaggy looking for competitions and things. One day, it was about 3 o clock so a not unreasonable time for them to go to bed anyway and it began to rain those big, singular blops that promise a lot of wetness in the near future. I deemed it prudent to go and bring in the horses out of the rain before they got wet.

I got the two white ones in while they were still dry enough to not need change of rugs. I went to catch Choice and usually she is pretty good except for the occasional need to try to assert authority. All horses and children do this and I am fine with it and I know how to deal with it. What was irritating was that she chose the day it was pouring down so hard I could barely see and I was soaked in seconds while she trotted cheerfully about, cantering gaily past when I got too close.

It was enjoyable in a twisted, walking in the rain, kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment