Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pet sitting


I am Currently needing to baby sit two cats and a dog. This involves the usual remembering to feed and water them, cleaning up the back yard and taking the dog for ideally 2 walks a day. This started of famously with one of the cats vomiting all over the floor when I got home the first day. The dog routine has been going well though I have had to get creative about the afternoon walk since I work in the afternoon and any time before 5 is too hot for her to enjoy a walk. We have been going to the beach a bit and the kids have joined in the exercising of the dog. 

I say it is too hot before 5pm however current weather is making a lie of this. It has been horrible weather today and yesterday, cold, windy and sporadically heavy rain. Today I went to the beach with the dog to throw the ball. We had the whole beach to ourselves for a very good reason, nobody else was mental enough to be out in such revolting weather. The wind was so strong it shoved you along like a hired goon, then on the way back into it you had to lean forward and shove into it. Throwing the ball with the wind was a good plan, it traveled twice the distance of a normal throw and the dog had difficulty finding it. I didn't throw the ball into the wind because I suspected it may end up hitting me in the face. So this is November and 2 more days till summer.
Last night I went to bible study (like I do) and got home (as expected) to find a lovely gift (not wanted or expected) all over the floor from a cat. Somebody had returned dinner all over the floor in a revolting puddle. Surprisingly I was not thrilled about cleaning it all up. 
I got them back today though by brushing them while they were eating their minuscule serving of dinner tonight. They were lucky to get any but they were hovering so hopefully. 
Also one of the cats has developed a habit of coming in to my room in the wee small hours to rearrange my things (she seems to think they work better all over the floor) and then to lie on my back/tummy/side and go to sleep before launching suddenly out the door with a tremendous kick just when I have forgotten she is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment