Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bizarre Day

A few weeks back, just after I had moved into my new place, I was about to go out on a Monday morning, as in literally in the car to drive away, when I saw a man in a yellow, official looking shirt. Like the council workers wear. He asked if I lived here I said yes. He asked if he and his buddies could pull down a section of the fence because they needed to blah blah blah water thingy. I checked to make sure they would not leave an epic mess and then said I would come and help. The man said they would be fine, I said "There is a dog."

So about 20 minutes later I went out with the gorgeous staffy Millie in tow. The poor dog was dragged around town with me. Then at 1130 I had to pick up my little girl from school so I took the dog with me. The kids thought it was fantastic as I found myself in the bizarre position of sitting at school with not my dog, and not my friends dog (I have never met the owner) to pick up not my children. One little boy asked if she was mine, I said no, his eyes opened wide and he said "did you steal it???" Then we had to go to swimming lessons so Millie spent a bit of time tied up in the back yard of the kids house while we went. Then the dog, the child and I came back to my house to chill out and watch beauty and the beast before going to get the boys.
The workmen finished with 5 minutes to spare but I had decided to take Millie anyway and go and visit my friend and their dog after school. My flatmate had a mentally busy day and had to do heaps of stuff, rush home to walk Millie then go back to work again. I texted to say she didn't need to walk the dog because I was taking her for a play with the kids.

As a result of this day, I was behind in what I should have been doing and didn't catch up till Wednesday and my flatmate was ahead of what she had to do and much less stressed.

The other funny thing about that day was on the Sunday, while creating a new garden, we noticed one of the posts had been removed and set aside. These are the posts at the ends of alley paths to stop cars from driving through. So on Sunday a hole was dug and the post dutifully put back in its place. I said that it would be funny as if someone comes along tomorrow and sayd "Good grief, who put that there, we took it down for a reason." Anyway Monday morning and I look and about 6 cars had driven through the newly made garden past the newly removed post so they could fix the water thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment