Sunday, December 25, 2011

Travels and Excitement

On Friday, goodbyes were said for the last time and I drove from Killarney to Gunnedah to stop over night with friends before finishing the journey on Saturday. I have yet another first on for this year that was unexpected and occurred while I was having a pit stop on the QLD border town. I was just finishing up in my cubicle when a mother came in a struck up a conversation with her daughter that went something like this;
Mum "Hey baby, are you alright?"
Child "I can't open the door"
Mum "Can you stand on tippy toes?"
Child "I still can't reach"
I observed that while the doors went from floor to ceiling, the wall between our cubicles had a 2 foot gap at the top. I suddenly interrupted the mothers growing panic attack and offered to climb over the wall and let her out. I did pretty easily and opened the door (happily I remembered to open my toilet door first) the little girl was fun and the mother was almost collapsing in relief.

I can honestly say that it was a highlight for me and not exactly something I expected to ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment