Friday, November 4, 2011

Horse and wind

Last night we were putting away the horses and it was pretty windy and feeling like it should storm. The new horse watched us put away the others and then I went to get him for his turn. I went in the gate and he trotted up to me, then when I reached out to touch him, he rushed off and bucked, reared and jumped all four feet into the air as high as he could. Then he rushed up and sniffed me again, then went charging round the paddock. It took five or six goes off this before he let me put on his halter and lead him to the shed. It was a bit like he knew he had to go to bed but he wanted to use up some energy first.

Rush up to me then say "Wait a minute I just gotta..." then leap around like a puppy, then come back and say "Ok I am ready... no wait" and rush off again. In a 15 hand horse this is a bit scary but cool to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment