Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Red Light Green Light

I reckon that whoever it was who invented the little kids game red light green light must have lived on a farm. I think this because the other day I was walking up the paddock and encountered a group of about 50 cattle. I turned and headed home and 50 cows followed some 30 metres behind coughing and grunting and thundering through the grass. I turned around and stopped and then group of bovine stalkers came to a halt and stared at me until I continued my walk. This scene repeated itself several times before reaching the house and I had time to reflect that a) cows are not subtle, though they do have an air of "who me? I don't know what you mean by following you, I was just heading this way anyway" and b) whoever invented red light green light must have been stalked by cows at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment