Wednesday, May 25, 2011

cooking dinner

On Tuesday I needed to make dinner since people would not get back till 6 at the earliest. There were what looked like beef strips thawing to go in the slow cooker and when it came to the time to put them in it turned out to be mince meat. I deliberated what to do and decided to make a lasagne because I could.

I fully intended to check that all the ingredients for the layers were there BEFORE I started but forgot until the mince was cooked. I looked and there were only 3 sheets of lasagne pasta stuff left so I decided to try my hand at pasta making (which I have done before) and spent a happy half hour making a mess and some pasta successfully (approx. 1/2 a cup of plain flour to 1 egg makes a hard ball which you roll out) This is easier with a pasta roller but I didn't have one of those so I used a glass as a rolling pin. It worked and lasagne succesfully completed in spite of a slight drama with the white sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment