Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Skipping

I am an energetic, generally cheerful person. This shows itself in a tendancy to laugh in a lot of circumstances and to skip and run places when I feel walking is slow or boring. This in turn brings out more energy and cheerfulness and the cycle continues.

So far this has never been cause for comment by my friends and acquaintances but now, living in a small town and working for a well known family, this has become a cause for discussion among people I have never met. My boss said to me that someone she works with and who I wouldn't know from Adam, told her he had seen her "skipping nanny". I then decided to pretend to be a grown up and stop skipping and running everywhere. This lasted 4 days.

I walked places, I tried to not laugh ALL the time, I generally tried t be sensible, to see if being a grown up was worth it. I think that in some situations, pretending to be a grown up is called for but I will still run and skip when I am happy, however silly it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment