Sunday, December 23, 2012

Yay for home

I have been looking forward to certain things about arriving home. Some of it being seeing people I haven't seen for a long time, but most of it is doing things I haven't done for a long time.

I have lain on mums bed under a fan, I have gone to a 50m pool and swam laps (not many), today I went to the beach with my brother and sister and on Thursday I will go and get a milkshake from the blood bank (you get them for free if you give blood).

The pool is novel, usually where I have lived for the last 2 years the pool is 25m which means that if your kick off is say 8m then you only have like 8 strokes or 10 before you turn and kick off again. That makes a km of swimming easier then in a 50m pool.

The beach, I live right near a beach in WA however, as mentioned in an earlier blog, the waves are not very dramatic. they have been known to wet your ankles. I have seen it so flat there that the only waves were the ripples made by kids splashing around. In contrast the beach today was rough and big and constant. It was worse then I would normally swim in and we had to go quite a long way out to get past the breakers. Once we did though it was worth it. You would go rushing up a wall of water and then fall down the 2m drop on the other side. Sometimes, with a kick or push off the ground it felt like I got air time. I was quite out of practice and there was a certain amount of flapping and floundering after some of the biggest waves.

On Thursday I am going to donate plasma, which is like donating blood but takes longer so take a book. There are a few reasons I do this but the biggest one is the free milk shake we get afterwards. This means that when no milkshake is forthcoming I get a little bit put out.

I would also like to go to the barrington tops, the blue mountains (summer school) and beach mission (without a beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment