Monday, July 2, 2012

Manners

I am currently hounding manners among the kids. Not just please and thank you, that was first and with reminding they are pretty good at that. I mean courtesy manners, helping people, answering calls, coming and acting straight away.

When I say a child's name, they need to say "Yes Julia" My instructions to a child go "(name), say yes Julia" child "Yes Julia" me "can you please go and put away your ..., say Yes Julia" child "Yes Julia" me "Now do straight away obedience"

I am going to try to not count, it is a hard habit to break. After reminding them of responding and doing straight away obedience, they need to go immediately or get into trouble. Really though saying straight away is similar to counting to three.

In regards to manners, the responses are required, they need to be in a pleasant voice, and we are working on looking at me and taking things away from their mouths when they speak. I am willing and able to fain deafness if a child answers me while looking away or is speaking through clothes, hands or toys.

2 comments:

  1. You are both clever and strange and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was strange to read through that and try to work out what you mean by funny and strange

    ReplyDelete