Monday, July 2, 2012

Venting

Because of facebook and blogs, much airing of dirty laundry is visible for ALL to see. I have not written a post for a while because I do not want to vent on a public forum and the only things filling my head for a few weeks were negative. I do not like to read other peoples should-be-private speeches on my computer, so I didn't want to inflict it on you.
Some things that should be confined to private conversations include "I love you soooo much my little oochy goochy mush mush mush", break ups should also not be able to be viewed by everybody, along with the break up aftermath. How much one hates a person/animal/driver/job/friend/enemy/frenemy/teacher/student, should also be reserved for private conversations.
The things I like to read on facebook are the light hearted, self mocking statements. The ones that make me smile or laugh rather then the ones that make me think "good grief, grow up"
 When I post on facebook or my blog, I try to make sure I am not upset and therefore liable to write unkind or unhelpful things. If I do write something while upset, and the temptation is big, I usually delete it instead of inflicting it on others.
On the other hand, honestly sharing on a blog life struggles and difficulties in order to encourage friends is different to venting or airing dirty laundry. It tends to be carefully considered and thought out, with an aim to teach people or encourage them. Because it is carefully considered and the author is mindful that strangers will read their posts, while there may be personal things written, they will not be private things and they will always be to a purpose.
I do not kid myself that I am one of these who can write about personal suffering to benefit others.

No comments:

Post a Comment