Sunday, March 17, 2013

Perfect timing

I have been having back difficulties for a few years. This is not a constant thing, in fact it is very rare. However it is very odd in how it comes, and it has come 3 times with exceptionally bad timing.

The first time was the worst, it came because I went for a walk to the shops and then when I got back I sat in a chair. When I got up it was hurting. The next day we packed for Summer School, then we went to Summer School to carry stuff round setting up, camping and sleeping on stretchers. The next day my back was so sore I couldn't walk. It was scary and painful. A friend gave me exercises and my back improved over the week.
Therefore the first time it happened was just in time for a week of camping at Summer School.

The second time it happened was 6 months later and I was picking a piece of paper up off the ground. My back gave a massive spasm and it hurt really badly. That was the day I was flying home from QLD for a week. I couldn't walk far, I couldn't do karate, I couldn't play with children. It was very frustrating but not a bad as the first one because I used the stretches and exercises from the beginning.

The third time was Friday morning. I was in the process of going from a standing position to a seated position in a chair. My back gave out and it REALLY hurt. Church camp started on Friday night and I couldn't even walk properly. Luckily the camp site is only 10 minutes away and I was able to sleep in my proper bed rather then a foam mattress.

Besides the fantastic timing of my back problems, I did go to a chiropractor to see if it could be more permanently fixed. It was an interesting if expensive experience, however today, just 2 days after I hurt myself my back is merely stiff and I can walk nearly normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment